Who we are
Department of Education and Skills Teacher Supply Steering Group
Terms of Reference
The Steering Group will:
- Evaluate Policy initiatives both for short-term and longer term implementation to respond to constraints in the system which have been already identified, and others which it identifies in the course of its work on teacher supply and demand.
- Oversee a programme of actions for implementation by the Department of Education & Skills, its agencies and Higher Education Institutions together with identified targets, outcomes and timeframes.
- Provide direction and governance for the programme of actions and be the escalation point for the resolution of any difficulties.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of significant issues which impact on demand and supply and how these can be best progressed.
- Develop a consultation and communication strategy.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, Department of Education and Skills.
Chairperson: Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, Department of Education and Skills.
- Ruth Carmody, Department of Education and Skills
- William Beausang, Department of Education and Skills
- Harold Hislop, Department of Education and Skills
- Patrick Cluskey, Department of Education and Skills
- Graham Love, Higher Education Authority
- Tomás Ó Ruairc, Teaching Council
- John O’Halloran, University College Cork
- Eithne Guilfoyle, Dublin City University
- Lewis Purser, Irish Universities Association
- Antoinette Nic Gearailt, ACCS (representing post primary school management bodies)
- Seamus Mulconry, CPSMA (representing primary school management bodies)
- Anthony Finn, Independent Expert
The Steering Group reports on its progress to the Minister for Education and Skills as required.
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co. Westmeath D01 RC96
Phone: (090) 6483958
Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015