Who we are
Department of Education Teacher Supply Steering Group
What we do
The Steering Group is leading on the identification of the issues, the development of a programme of actions on teacher supply and the oversight of its implementation
Terms of Reference
The Steering Group will:
- Evaluate Policy initiatives both for short-term and longer term implementation to respond to constraints in the system which have been already identified, and others which it identifies in the course of its work on teacher supply and demand.
- Oversee a programme of actions for implementation by the Department of Education, its agencies and Higher Education Institutions together with identified targets, outcomes and timeframes.
- Provide direction and governance for the programme of actions and be the escalation point for the resolution of any difficulties.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of significant issues which impact on demand and supply and how these can be best progressed.
- Develop a consultation and communication strategy.
The Steering Group reports on its progress to the Minister for Education as required.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, Department of Education; Aoife Conduit, Department of Education; Deirdre Shanley, Department of Education; William Beausang, Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science; Harold Hislop, Department of Education; Christy Mannion, Department of Education.
- Chairperson: Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, Department of Education
- Aoife Conduit, Department of Education
- Deirdre Shanley, Department of Education
- William Beausang, Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
- Harold Hislop, Department of Education
- Chisty Mannion, Department of Education
- Dr. Alan Wall, Higher Education Authority
- Tomás Ó Ruairc, Teaching Council
- John O’Halloran, University College Cork
- Eithne Guilfoyle, Dublin City University
- Lewis Purser, Irish Universities Association
- Antoinette Nic Gearailt, ACCS (representing post primary school management bodies)
- Seamus Mulconry, CPSMA (representing primary school management bodies)
- Anthony Finn, Independent Expert
Address: Department of Education, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co. Westmeath N37 X659
Phone: (090) 6483958
Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
Teacher Supply Implementation Group