Who we are
Teacher Supply Data Working Group
What we do
The Working Group will report and make recommendations to the Implementation Group.
Recommendations will include a sequenced programme of actions, with an estimated timeline for implementation and, where relevant, estimated costs/ resource requirements. The lead agent for each action will also be identified.
Expected timeframe for the group to conclude its work: Ongoing
Terms of Reference
The Working Group will:
- the key factors that impact upon the demand for and supply of teachers
- the data sets required to analyse each of these factors
- the various owners of the data
(b) Develop and recommend proposals for the collection and analysis of relevant data
(c) Identify the steps for the development and implementation of models of teacher supply at primary and post primary level, having regard to advice from the Teaching Council.
(d) Identify the organisational arrangements and resources necessary to develop, implement and maintain models of teacher supply at primary and post primary levels.
(e) Oversee, and review on an ongoing basis, actions implemented under this heading.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Ruth Carmody, Department of Education and Skills
- Chairperson: Ruth Carmody, Department of Education and Skills
- Chris Kelly, Department of Education and Skills
- Jason Kelly, Department of Education and Skills
- Paul McCarthy, Department of Education and Skills
- Jill Fannin, Department of Education and Skills
- Deirdre Cullen, Department of Education and Skills
- Stephen Lucas, Department of Education and Skills
- Sinead Middleton, Department of Education and Skills
- Louise Callinan, Higher Education Authority
- Maria Fitzgerald, Teaching Council
- Karen Eastwood Lovett, Teaching Council
- Shelagh Graham, Education and Training Boards Ireland
- Merrilyn Goos, Irish Universities Association
- Dr. Manuela Heinz, Irish Universities Association
- Lewis Purser, Irish Universities Association
- Dr. Michael Redmond, nominee of post primary management bodies
- Deirdre O’ Donoghue, nominee of primary management bodies
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co Westmeath D01 RC96
Phone: (090) 6484213