Who we are
Teacher Supply Communications Working Group
What we do
The Working Group will report and make recommendations to the Implementation Group.
Terms of Reference
The Communications and promotion of the teaching profession/Development of a portal for substitute vacancies Working Group will report to the Department’s Teacher Supply Implementation Group and will have the following functions.
The Working Group will:
(a) Develop and recommend:
(i) A communications strategy and campaign to promote teaching as a profession, based on a partnership with relevant stakeholders;
(ii) Proposals for a portal to support the matching of substitute vacancies with available teachers.
(iii) Proposals for a framework for consultation with stakeholders.
(b) Oversee, and review on an ongoing basis, actions implemented under this heading.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Ed Carty, Department of Education and Skills
- Chairperson: Tomás Ó Ruairc, Teaching Council
- Chris Kelly, Department of Education and Skills
- Majella O’Dea, Department of Education and Skills
- Cliodhna O'Neill, Department of Education and Skills
- Louise Callinan, Higher Education Authority
- Siobhan Healy, Teaching Council
- Prof Gerry Mac Ruairc, Higher Education Institutions
- Joan Russell, nominee of management bodies – post primary
- Asiya Al Tawash, nominee of management bodies – primary
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, Co. Westmeath D01 RC96
Phone: (090) 6484213
Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
Teacher Supply Steering Group
Teacher Supply Implementation Group
Visit Teaching Transforms Portal
Watch Teaching Transforms Video: