Who we are
The DEIS Advisory Group is made up of representatives from the education partners, relevant Government Departments, the Educational Research Centre, Tusla and DES Officials.
What we do
The main role of the group currently is to progress and provide advice on the implementation of the 108 actions in DEIS Plan 2017.
The first meeting of the group was held in May 2019 and a record of the meeting will be published shortly.
The group meet annually.
Terms of Reference
- To progress the implementation of DEIS Plan 2017.
- To provide advice on the implementation of Actions under the Plan in particular :
- Identify enablers and/or barriers to implementation.
- Draw attention to difficulties that would be likely to impact implementation or timeline
- Seek explanations where implementation is delayed/likely to fail
- Advise on potential solutions for failed/delayed implementation
- To provide and receive updates to the Programme Steering Committee.
- To establish Working Groups in areas which require further research as set out in DEIS Plan 2017 and/or areas that emerge in the work that shows further research is required.
- To examine and make recommendations based on reports produced by the Working Groups to the Programme Steering Committee.
- To provide advice on the establishment of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Dalton Tattan, Assistant Secretary, Department of Education and Skills
- Chairperson: Mary Cregg, Principal Officer, DES
- Deirbhile Nic Craith/Shane Loftus, INTO
- Bláthnaid Ní Ghréacháin, Gaelscoilleanna Teo
- Seamus Mulconry, CPSMA
- Aine Lynch, NPC Primary
- David Ruddy, IPPN
- Moira Leydon, ASTI
- Bernie Ruane, TUI
- Joan Russell/Adrian Flynn, ETBI
- Antoinette Nic Gearailt, ACCS
- Michael Redmond, JMB
- Clive Byrne, NAPD
- Geoffrey Browne, NPC Post-Primary
- Dr Ken Fennelly, Church of Ireland Board of Education
- Paul Rowe, Education Together
- Anne Marie Brooks/Conor Rowley DCYA
- Kate O Flaherty, DoH
- Noel Kelly, Tusla
- Des Henry, DEASP
- Jude Cosgrove/Sharon Nelis, ERC
- Anne Tansey/Gabrielle Green, NEPS
- Brendan Doody/Catherine O Carroll/Jim Mulkerrins/Eddie Ward/Willie McIntosh/ Paraic Joyce/Stephanie Goode/Stacey Cannon/Deirdre Cullen/Richard Dolan, DES
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough St, Dublin 1