Who we are
Department of Education and Skills Transition Reforms Steering Group
Terms of Reference
Identify the scope and responsibilities for further consideration and research underway, or to be commenced, by higher education institutions, the Department of Education and Skills and its agencies.
Agree timeframes for the completion of consideration and research by partners on the Group.
Provide a forum to ensure that the partners represented on the group are kept updated on the consideration and research on the transition that they have underway.
Provide a forum for discussion on the issues arising from this work and on the emerging outcomes of this work.
Consider proposals for change and, having regard to the respective statutory roles set out in the context, develop by early 2013 a report to the Minister on a co-ordinated implementation plan for such proposed changes.
This group reports on its progress to the Minister for Education and Skills as required.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, Department of Education and Skills; William Beausang, Assistant Secretary General, Department of Education and Skills.
- Chairperson; Seán Ó Foghlú, Secretary General, DES
- William Beausang, Assistant Secretary General, DES
- Eamonn Moran, DES, Curriculum and Assessment Policy Division
- Phil O'Flaherty, DES, Further Education and Training
- Philip Crosby, DES, Higher Education Policy and Research
- Jim Murray, THEA
- Dr. Derek O'Byrne, Waterford Institute of Technology
- Professor Philip Nolan, Maynooth University
- Lewis Purser, Irish Universities Association
- Aidan Farrell, State Examinations Commission
- Hugh McManus, State Examinations Commission
- Dr. Alan Wall, CEO, Higher Education Authority
- Dr. Anne Looney, Higher Education Authority
- John Hammond, National Council for Curriculum and Assessment
- Norman Emerson, National Council for Curriculum and Assessment
- Dr. Padraig Walsh, Quality and Qualifications Ireland
- Tim Conlon, Higher Education Authority
- Anna Murphy, Quality and Qualifications Ireland
- Barbara Kelly, Quality and Qualifications Ireland
- Justin Sinnott, SOLAS
- Alan McGrath, SOLAS
Secretary: Joanne Tobin
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough St, Dublin 1