Who we are
Department of Education and Skills Higher Education research Group comprising representatives from the Department and the Higher Education sector to advise on research strategy.
Terms of Reference
The Higher Education Research Group was established by the Department of Education and Skills to oversee and ensure that a cooordinated approach is taken by the higher education institutions with regard to the Horizon 2020 programme.
It also coordinates the implementation of the education approach to the "Innovation 2020" strategy for research and development, science and technology.
The group will remain in place and continue its work until 2020 when Horizon 2020 and Innovation 2020 come to an end.
The group feeds into the work of the Innovation 2020 Implementation Group as well as the Horizon 2020 High Level Group.
Designated Public Official (DPO): Mary Doyle, Deputy Secretary General, Department of Education and Skills
- Chairperson: Mary Doyle, Deputy Secretary General, DES
- Tim Cullinane, DES
- Deirdre McDonnell, DES
- Peter Browne, Irish Research Council (HEA)
- Ned Costello, Irish Universities Association
- Jennifer Brennan, Irish Universities Association
- Gemma Irvine, HEA
- Nicki O'Connor, HEA
- Dr. John Donovan, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Professor Ray O'Neill, Maynooth University
- Dr. Niall Smith, Cork Institute of Technology
Secretary: Tim Cullinane
E-mail: email@example.com Address: DepartmentofEducation and Skills, MarlboroughSt,Dublin 1