Who we are
Department of Education Higher Education research Group comprising representatives from the Department and the Higher Education sector to advise on research strategy.
What we do
The Department of Education Higher Education Research Group (HERG) comprising representatives from the Department, the Higher Education Authority, the Irish Research Council and the Higher Education sector and advises on developments in the EU Horizon 2020 programme, Innovation 2020 (Ireland’s strategy for research and development, science and technology), and on general issues relating to research in the HE sector.
Terms of Reference
The Higher Education Research Group was established by the Department of Education to oversee and ensure that a coordinated approach is taken by the higher education institutions with regard to the Horizon 2020 programme.
It also coordinates the implementation of the education approach to the "Innovation 2020" strategy for research and development, science and technology.
The group will remain in place and continue its work until 2020 when Horizon 2020 and Innovation 2020 come to an end.
The group feeds into the work of the Innovation 2020 Implementation Group as well as the Horizon 2020 High Level Group.
Designated Public Official (DPO): William Beausang, Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (DFHERIS)
- Chairperson: William Beausang, Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science
- Tim Cullinane, Department of Education
- Peter Browne, Irish Research Council (HEA)
- Lisa Higgins, Irish Universities Association
- Jennifer Brennan, Technological Higher Education Association
- Tim Conlon, Higher Education Authority
- Nicki O'Connor, Higher Education Authority
- Dr. John Donovan, Technological University Dublin
- Professor Ray O'Neill, Maynooth University
- Dr. Niall Smith, Cork Institute of Technology
- Sinéad Riordan, Royal Irish Academy
- Professor Greg Hughes, Dublin City University
Secretary: Tim Cullinane
E-mail: email@example.com Address: Department of Education, MarlboroughSt,Dublin 1 D01 RC96
See AlsoRegulation of Lobbying Act 2015