Who we are
Gaeltacht Education Policy Advisory Committee
What we do
The Gaeltacht Education Policy Advisory Committee was established in March 2017 to support the phased implementation of the Policy on Gaeltacht Education 2017-2022.
Terms of Reference
The Gaeltacht Education Policy Advisory Committee will:
- bring together key stakeholders to provide advice from a range of perspectives in order to support the work of the Gaeltacht Education Unit (An tAonad um Oideachas Gaeltachta)
- build partnerships and mobilise stakeholders
- provide a forum for discussion on current policy implementation and future direction/priorities
- monitor progress on the roll out of policy elements/actions
- pre-empt and identify challenges and opportunities to support the effective implementation of the Policy and advise how best to respond
- address any other relevant Gaeltacht Education Policy implementation issues which may arise from time to time.
The Gaeltacht Education Policy Advisory Committee will be chaired by a member of the Management Board of the Department of Education.
The Gaeltacht Education Policy Advisory Committee will meet up to four times a year.
Membership of the Advisory Committee will include representatives nominated by relevant stakeholders. The Department of Education will choose the organisations to join the Advisory Committee. Representatives from the following organisations may take part in the committee:
Designated Public Official (DPO): Dr. Harold Hislop, Chief Inspector, Department of Education (DE)
Membership of the Advisory Committee for the Policy on Gaeltacht Education