Who we are
The role of the Terms and Conditions Section of the Department is to regulate the employment terms and conditions governing Teachers and Special Needs Assistants employed in recognised primary and post primary schools.
What we do
- Assess applications for Incremental Credit (Primary and Post-Primary teachers and SNAs).
- Administer the Contracts of Indefinite Duration for ESR in Appeals made to the Adjudicator.
- Ensure compliance with Section 30 of the Teaching Council Act 2001 for the Teaching Council.
- Administer the Foreign Language Assistant and Foreign Teacher Exchange schemes for International Section.
- Publish circulars governing the recruitment and appointment procedures for teachers (including leadership and management positions) and SNAs.
- Process applications for the award of qualification allowances for Teachers (see relevant circular 0008/2013).
- Assess eligibility of teachers, with previous teaching service in the public sector in another EU Member State, for re-scaling in accordance with Circular 0027/2016.
- Publish circulars governing statutory and non-statutory leave entitlements for teachers and special needs assistants.
- The Management of the Occupational Health Strategy for teachers and special needs assistants.
- The processing, regulation and monitoring of recoupable teacher secondments to external organisations.
Teacher/SNA Terms and Conditions Section, Department of Education and Skills, Cornamaddy, Athlone, County Westmeath, N37 X659.
Phone: (090) 648 3734