Who we are
The role of the Teacher Allocation Unit is to allocate staffing resources to primary, secondary, community and comprehensive schools and Education and Training Boards (ETBs) in accordance with departmental and government policy.
What we do
- Allocate mainstream primary classroom teaching resources to schools in accordance with the published staffing schedule
- Allocate teaching resources to second level schools and ETBs in accordance with published criteria
- Allocate other teaching resources to schools such as General Allocation/English as an additional language (GAM/EAL), resource teaching posts etc. in accordance with published criteria
- Operate the redeployment arrangements for teachers
- Provide administrative support to the independent Staffing Appeals Board.
Department of Education and Skills, Teacher Allocation Unit,
Athlone, Co. Westmeath. N37 X659
Primary: (090) 648 4155
Post Primary: (090) 648 3998