Who we are
The European Globalisation Adjustment Fund (EGF) Managing Authority is responsible for, managing and overseeing the delivery of programmes co-financed by the EGF in Ireland.
Operational from 2007, the European Globalisation Adjustment Fund (EGF) assists EU Member States to provide active labour market supports to workers made redundant (or self-employed people whose activity ceases) as a result of major structural changes in world trade due to globalisation or global financial and economic crisis.
What we do
- Submit applications for support from the EGF in consultation with stakeholders including redundant worker representatives, relevant Government departments, state agencies
- Facilitate the delivery of services and programmes co-financed by the EGF
- Ensure that sound systems of management and financial control are established and comply with national and EU legislation
- Provide information and advice on relevant EGF matters
- Prepare and submit final reports on EGF co-financed programmes to the European Commission
- Inform current and future EGF policy at EU level.
EGF Programmes in Ireland
The following 10 EGF co-funded programmes have been run to date:
- Dell – February 2009 to June 2011
- Waterford Crystal – March 2009 to August 2011
- SR Technics – March 2009 to October 2011
- NACE 41 Construction of Buildings – July 2009 to June 2012
- NACE 43 Specialised Construction Activities - July 2009 to June 2012
- NACE 71 Architectural Services - July 2009 to June 2012
- Talk Talk – September 2011 – February 2014
- Andersen Ireland – Oct 2013 to May 2016
- Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland – Dec 2013 to Sep 2016
- PWA International Ltd: May 2014 – June 2017
Full details are available on http://egf.ie/.
Address: Department of Education and Skills, EGF Managing Authority, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 RC96
Phone: (01) 889 2003
Review of the Completed EGF Programmes in Support of Redundant Workers in Dell, Waterford Crystal and SR Technics
Videos Testimonials from former workers of Andersen Ireland and Lufthansa Technik