Who we are
The Pension Unit administers pension schemes for teachers, special needs assistants, certain clerical officers and certain caretakers in primary schools. The Unit also provides policy advice and information on pensions to Education and Training Boards (ETBs), third level institutions and other bodies under the aegis of the Department.
What we do
- Processing of the following applications for retirement pension benefits: Compulsory, Voluntary, Ill Health and Cost Neutral Early Retirement
- Processing of benefits for spouses on the death of scheme members
- Processing requests related to notional service quotations
- Processing requests related to transfer of pensionable service for teachers, special needs assistants, certain clerical officers and certain caretakers in schools
- Processing refunds of gratuities for short service
- Provision of statements of benefits for family law cases
- Provision of information of benefits for family law cases
- Provision of a comprehensive pensions policy and advice service to ETBs, third level institutions and to other bodies under the aegis of the Department
- Development, review and amendment of superannuation policy in co-operation with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
Information on Pension Services
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Pensions Unit, Cornamaddy, Athlone, County Westmeath. N37 X659
Phone: (090) 648 3993 / 3994
Staff of ETBs, third level institutions and other bodies under the aegis of the Department should contact the Pensions Administrators in their particular ETB/Institution/Body in the first instance