Who we are
The Pension Unit administers pension schemes for teachers, special needs assistants, certain clerical officers and certain caretakers in primary schools. The Unit also provides policy advice and information on pensions to Education and Training Boards (ETBs), third level institutions and other bodies under the aegis of the Department.
What we do
- Processing of the following applications for retirement pension benefits: Compulsory, Voluntary, Ill Health and Cost Neutral Early Retirement
- Processing of benefits for spouses on the death of scheme members
- Processing requests related to notional service quotations
- Processing requests related to transfer of pensionable service for teachers, special needs assistants, certain clerical officers and certain caretakers in schools
- Processing refunds of gratuities for short service
- Provision of statements of benefits for family law cases
- Provision of information of benefits for family law cases
- Provision of a comprehensive pensions policy and advice service to ETBs, third level institutions and to other bodies under the aegis of the Department
- Development, review and amendment of superannuation policy in co-operation with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
Information on Pension Services
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Pensions Unit, Cornamaddy, Athlone, County Westmeath. N37 X659
The Pensions division operate a daily telephone service from 2.30pm to 4pm and can be contactable at:
(090) 648 3609 - For all retirement queries.
(090) 648 3993 - For all family law queries.
(090) 648 3994 - For all ill Health/ TRR queries in addition to queries on public sector transfers and the purchase of notional service.
Staff of ETBs, third level institutions and other bodies under the aegis of the Department should contact the Pensions Administrators in their particular ETB/Institution/Body in the first instance