Who we are
The Payroll Division provides a payroll service to teaching and non-teaching staff in primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive schools. Retired personnel are also paid through this service.
What we do
- Co-ordination and administration of a range of payroll services to:
- Primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive school teachers
- Special needs assistants in primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive schools
- Clerical officers under the 1978 scheme in primary and voluntary secondary schools
- Caretakers employed under the 1978 scheme in primary schools
- Childcare workers in primary schools
- Retired primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive school teachers, including spouses and children of deceased staff
- Retired special needs assistants, caretakers and clerical officers employed under the 1978 scheme and childcare workers including spouses and children of deceased staff
- Management of statutory and non-statutory deductions
- Projection of financial estimates for the funding of the approved allocations for serving and retired staff members paid on the Department’s payroll and monitoring expenditure on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting the delivery of payroll services by quality planning and policy formulation.
Information on Payroll Services
Please have your school roll number to hand when contacting the Payroll Division. You can find your school roll number by using our Find a School application.
Email the Payroll Division
Department of Education and Skills,
Payroll Division, Cornamaddy,
Athlone, County Westmeath,
- Primary Teachers: (090) 648 4043 / 4044
- Post Primary Teachers: (090) 648 4161
- Non Teaching Staff: (090) 648 4136
- Retired Personnel: (090) 648 3995