Who we are
These offices have a liaison role between the Minister of State and other sections within the Department with other departments, public bodies, education partners and the public.
What we do
- Arrangement of briefings for the Minister of State on all matters relating to the Department of Education and with regard to his responsibilities in the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation
- Organisation of the Minister of State’s diary, attendance at meetings, events and functions
- Arrangement of the Minister of State’s home and foreign travel
- Co-ordination of relevant briefings and speeches for the Minister of State
- Preparation of replies from the Minister of State to representations/ correspondence from members of the Oireachtas and the public
- Support for the Minister of State when attending official functions
- Ensuring that the necessary arrangements are in place regarding the Minister of State's responsibilities in relation to Oireachtas business, including adjournment debates, private members business, statements, motions and legislation.
Address: Department of Education, Offices of the Minister of State, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1. D01 RC96
Phone: (01) 889 2301 / 2302