Who we are
The Finance Unit provides a financial framework and control system for the Department in accordance with government financial and statutory requirements. The unit operates a system for recording all receipts and payments in conjunction with the Pay Master General and the Central Bank. It coordinates and prepares the Statutory Vote accounts and briefing material for the Appearance of the Secretary General at the Public Accounts Committee.
What we do
- Preparation and negotiation for the budget for the Education and Skills vote in accordance with the Department’s resource allocation priorities
- Preparation of relevant statutory reports and appropriation accounts
- Analysis and reporting of the Department’s income & expenditure
- Preparation of briefing material for the Secretary General for the Public Accounts Committee and other Oireachtas committees
- Preparation of briefing material for the Minister for Oireachtas committees
- Provision of a general payment system for the Department and a range of ancillary financial services, including the operation of the staff payroll and other related payments
- Provision of financial management information to the Minister, Secretary General and the Management Board on a regular basis.
For Assistance Contact:
Enquiries relating to specific payments should be referred to the appropriate line section within the Department as referenced on Remittance Advice Notices issued with Payments
Address: Department of Education and Skills, Finance Unit, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1. D01 RC96
Phone: (01) 889 6400