Who we are
The External Staff Relations Unit manages industrial relations for the wider education sector. The Unit's function is to promote good industrial relations practice throughout the education sector and encourage and support the modernisation of the sector.
What we do
The Unit is responsible for:
- Promotion of compliance with government pay policy throughout the wider education sector
- Operation of conciliation and arbitration schemes for school-based staff who do not have access to the Labour Court
- Representing the official side’s position at meetings of the Conciliation Council and negotiating settlements
- Operation of a pay and allowances sanctioning system for all grades in the wider education sector
- Servicing of negotiations of claims through the Labour Relations Commission and the Labour Court
- Promotion of good industrial relations practice in the wider education sector
- Overseeing the implementation of the Public Service Agreement 2010-2014 and the Public Service Stability Agreement 2013 – 2016 as they apply to the education sector.
Address: Department of Education and Skills, External Staff Relations Unit,
Marlborough St, Dublin 1. D01 RC96
Phone: (01) 889 6400
Fax: (01) 889 6560
Public Service (Croke Park)Agreement
Public Service Stability Agreement 2013 – 2016
Section 13 - Referrals to Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) adjudication under Section 13 of the Industrial Relations Act 1969.