Who we are
The National Centre for Guidance in Education (NCGE) is an agency of the Department of Education and Skills.
The NCGE’s mission is to develop and support quality guidance provision in the education sector, as part of lifelong learning, in accordance with national and international best practice.
What we do
The NCGE works with all stakeholders in guidance to ensure the promotion of good quality guidance practice.
It represents Ireland at meetings of the EU Commission and internationally, to discuss the future of guidance policy and practice.
In support of the work of guidance counsellors in schools and further education and training, the NCGE:
- develops guidance materials
- provides guidelines on good practice
- supports innovation and pilot projects
- disseminates information to practitioners
- develops and organises continuing professional development
- carries out a range of surveys and related research on guidance practice and needs
- informs the Department of Education and Skills on policy development for guidance in the education sector
- co-ordinates and hosts the biannual National Forum on Guidance
NCGE also hosts the Euroguidance Centre Ireland.
Co-funded by the European Commission and the Department of Education and Skills (in Ireland), Euroguidance is a European network of national resource and information centres for guidance in 34 European countries.
Its main target group consists of guidance practitioners in education and employment, among them professionals who provide information and guidance on international learning mobility to end-users seeking studying and training opportunities abroad.
Address: NCGE, Avoca House,189-193 Parnell St, Dublin 1, D01 P6X2
Phone: +353 (0)1 8690715 / 6
Fax: +353 (0)1 8823817
Website:www.euroguidance.ie E-mail:Euroguidance@ncge.ie Address: Euroguidance Ireland, Avoca House,189-193 Parnell St, Dublin 1, D01 P6X2 Phone: +353 (0)1 8690715 / 6 Fax: +353 (0)1 8823817