Who we are
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is the statutory planning and policy development body for higher education and research in Ireland. The HEA has wide advisory powers throughout the whole of the third-level education sector. In addition, it is the funding authority for the universities, Institutes of Technology and a number of designated higher education institutions.
What we do
- Further the development of higher education
- Maintain a continuous review of the demand and need for higher education
- Assist in the co-ordination of state investment in higher education and to prepare proposals for such investment
- Allocate among universities, Institutes of Technology and the designated institutions the grants voted by the Oireachtas
- Promote the attainment of equality of opportunity in higher education and democratisation of higher education.
Address: Higher Education Authority,
Brooklawn House, Crampton Avenue,
Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4. D04 C2Y6
Phone: +353(1) 231 7100
Lo-Call Number: 1890 200 637
Fax: +353(1) 231 7172
Oversight Agreement – Department of Education & Skills and Higher Education Authority
2018 Performance Delivery Agreement – Department of Education & Skills and Higher Education Authority