Who we are
In 2002, the government made the decision to establish the Grangegorman Development Agency to develop the Grangegorman site on behalf of the Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), the Health Service Executive (HSE) and their respective departments. The legislation to establish the agency was enacted in 2005 and the establishment day was designated as May 10th 2006.
What we do
The Agency aims to create a vibrant new city quarter with a diverse mix of uses, in a way that is sensitive to the context of the Grangegorman site, its surrounding neighbourhoods and the existing community.
The functions of the Agency include:
- To promote the development of the site as a location for education, health and other facilities;
- To enter into arrangements to exploit any research development or consultancy work undertaken by the Agency;
- To accept the vesting of the Grangegorman site and property vacated by the HSE or DIT;
- To carry out or facilitate renewal or conservation of land on the site;
- To apply for permission for development of land to facilitate the sites future development;
- To implement the appropriate procurement strategy for individual elements of the site; and
- To arrange for a communications strategy to facilitate consultation with local residents, health and education sectors, and representatives of trade unions, employers and the public.
Address: Grangegorman Development Agency, Grangegorman Lower,
Phone: +353(1) 402 4140