Corporate / Financial Reports
We publish the following Corporate Reports:
- Strategy Statements set out the high level goals and objectives for the Department. They also set out the strategies we will use to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Annual Reports detail the Department’s activities for the particular year and report on the progress made towards implementation of our Statements of Strategy.
- Governance Framework sets out the key principles, structures, policies, procedures and control mechanisms in place to support the Department in realising its mission to “facilitate individuals through learning, to achieve their full potential and contribute to Ireland’s social, cultural and economic development”.
Protected Disclosures: Public bodies such as government departments, local authorities and certain other publicly-funded bodies are obliged to establish and maintain procedures for the making of protected disclosures by workers who are or were employed by it and for dealing with such disclosures. The public bodies must provide their employees with written information relating to these procedures.
- Resource Efficiency Action Plan to use energy, water and other resources as efficiently as possible.
Child Safeguarding Statement - Department of Education
The Children First Act 2015 requires organisations that are providers of ‘relevant services’ under the Act to publish a Child Safeguarding Statement. The Child Safeguarding Statement of the Department of Education details the relevant services provided by staff of the Department of Education to children as well as the principles and procedures in place to safeguard children from harm while availing of those services. This statement has been prepared in line with Tusla’s Guidance on Developing a Child Safeguarding Statement, Children First National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children as well as the Addendum to Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children which deals with online safety.
This statement will be reviewed every 2 years, or as soon as practicable if there has been a material change in any matter to which the statement refers.
Financial reports include:
- Estimates - details and related material in connection with the financial allocations for Vote 26: Education & Skills
- Prompt Payment Returns - quarterly returns showing the Department's performance in meeting the new administrative requirement for a 15 day payment period to suppliers. Returns are also published for bodies under the aegis of the Department.
- Payments greater than €20,000 - quarterly report showing Department of Education & Skills Payments of €20,000 or over
- Expenditure on Consultancy - Annual reports showing details of expenditure on consultancy by the Department.
The Policy Statement on procurement and the Guiding Principles underpins procurement undertaken in the Department. The Department's policy on procurement is being revised to include centralised procurement arrangements and the introduction of revised EU and National Guidelines being implemented from April, 2016.
Link to details of current tenders over €25,000 which will also display awarded tenders/contracts. A list of awarded contracts will be published from quarter 2, 2019 following ICT development.