09 October, 2013 - Department of Education and Skills Publishes Circular Implementing Haddington Road Agreement for TUI Teachers
The Department of Education and Skills today issued Circular 49/2013 which implements the Haddington Road Agreement for TUI members at post-primary level.
In the case of TUI members, acceptance of the Agreement means:
- The three-year freeze on payment of increments is lifted;
- Younger teachers get an improved salary scale;
- The period of time for obtaining permanency is reduced from 4 to 3 years;
- The pay cut for those earning over €65,000 is reversed after three years;
- Substitution and supervision is compulsory and unpaid for 3 years. Thereafter, this payment will be incorporated in the pay scale.
In addition, TUI members have the protections of the Haddington Road Agreement against compulsory redundancy.
As ASTI has rejected the Haddington Road Agreement, the terms of the Financial Emergency Measures legislation continue to apply to ASTI members. The position of ASTI members under the Financial Emergency Measures legislation is as follows:
- A freeze on increments for the next 3 years;
- No commitment to reverse the pay cuts for those earning over €65,000;
- No improved pay scales for younger teachers;
- No improvement in the qualification period for permanency.
ASTI members do not have the protections of the Haddington Road Agreement against compulsory redundancy.
The circular is available at http://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0049_2013.pdf
If you have a query regarding this circular please email us using this form.