Non-Mainstream Music Education Bursary Scheme
Non-Mainstream Music Education Bursary Scheme 2018
The Department of Education and Skills invites applications for grants under the established Non-mainstream Music Education Bursary Scheme 2018. The purpose of the scheme is to provide support by way of a cash grant, to established, smaller-scale, non-mainstream music education/community music initiatives with limited or no access to other forms of public funding. Grants are not intended for use on capital expenditure such as structural/building costs, but can be used to purchase instruments, other equipment and tuition. Total budget available in 2018 is €100,000.
Applications will be considered by the Committee for Non-Mainstream Department of Education and Skills funded Music Education. Please note that the Bursary grant award is for 2018 only and the scheme is currently run on an annual basis.
How To Apply
Please download the application form, type and complete all of the sections.
Applications must be submitted as an attachment by email ONLY to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications for 2018: Friday, 23 March 2018
Criteria for selection of Applications
Applications will be considered from organisations/groups that display the following:
- A well-established track record in music education provision
- Service provision in the area of non-mainstream music education/community music
- Delivery of non-mainstream music education for young people aged 18 years and younger
- Strong learning outcomes for participants
Preference will be given to those organisations/groups who can demonstrate that they cater for socio-economically disadvantaged groups.
Our selection of proposals will also be informed by a desire for:
- Geographic national spread, where possible
- A range of music genres
- A balance of practical and theoretical approaches
Lower priority/ineligible groups:
- Schools and other educational institutes will not be eligible to apply
- Funding will only be provided for non-mainstream music education initiatives outside of school and school curriculum
- Music Education Partnerships in receipt of Music Generation funding at time of application are not eligible to apply
- For-profit companies are not eligible to apply
- Individual minors under the age of 18 are not eligible to apply
- Professional performing groups are not eligible to apply