English Language Assistant Belgium
Belgium - Wallonia
Belgium is a fantastic country that sits at the heart of European politics, being the home of both the EU and NATO headquarters. Our posts are in French-speaking Wallonia, in southern Belgium, enabling you to practice your French every day. It’s known for its medieval towns, Renaissance-era architecture and traditional Trappist beers. The capital city is Namur.
Terms and Conditions:
- Appointments in Wallonia are available in post-primary schools. Modern language undergraduates are eligible to apply after their second year of study.
- Dates of Appointment: 1 October to 31 May
- Hours: 12-16 hours per week (including preparation of course work and participation in extracurricular activities).
- Remuneration: You will receive an allowance of €982.56 per month net
- Age Limit: Applicants must be under 35 years.
- Police Clearance: applicants must show that they have no criminal record which would prevent them from working with children or vulnerable persons.
- Medical Entitlements: assistants are encouraged to apply for EHIC card. Assistants should check with their own insurance provider with regard to their cover abroad during the duration of their placement.
The completed applications should be returned to the International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough St., Dublin 1. The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Monday 15th April 2019.
For further information please email ELA@education.gov.ie