Teachers in European Schools Secondary Posts
Would you like to teach in a European School?
The Department of Education and Skills invites applications from suitably qualified teachers who are fully registered with the Teaching Council, for secondment to the following secondary post, commencing 01 September, 2018.
Secondary cycle (age 11 – 18)
|Brussels IV, Belgium ||Irish, preferably with English or one of the following subjects: History, Geography, Physical Education, Mathematics or Economics|
Candidates for secondary posts must:
- Have a recognised primary degree in the relevant subject discipline(s)
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have at least three years’ satisfactory service as a mainstream class teacher subsequent to full registration with the Teaching Council
- Be serving as a teacher in a recognised school in Ireland (or be on secondment or career break from such a position).
Teachers receive a salary paid by the Department of Education and Skills, pensionable under the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. A European salary paid by the European Schools supplements this. Details of remuneration and allowances for teachers are available on the European Schools’ website www.eursc.eu
Each post is a secondment for a maximum term of nine years. A working knowledge of a community language other than English or Irish is required. Knowledge of the language of the place of employment is particularly desirable.
Spoken competence in this language will be tested at interview.
How to apply
Complete the application form below and return to:
Address: Lisa Conway, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 RC96, Ireland
Completed application forms must be received by 5pm on 23 April, 2018.
Shortlisted secondary applicants will be called for interview in the second week of May.
Further information is available from
- European Schools Website: https://www.eursc.eu/en
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +353 (01) 889 2436 or (01) 889 6400
- Address: Lisa Conway, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 RC96, Ireland.
Application forms and further information