Would you like to teach in a European School?
The Department of Education and Skills invites applications from suitably qualified teachers who are fully registered with the Teaching Council, for secondment to the following posts commencing 01 September, 2019.
Secondary Post School
Secondary cycle (age 11 – 18)
|Munich, Germany||Irish and History|
|Varese, Italy||Irish and English|
Candidates for secondary posts must:
- Have a recognised primary degree in the relevant subject discipline(s)
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have at least three years’ satisfactory service as a mainstream class teacher subsequent to full registration with the Teaching Council
- Be serving as a teacher in a recognised school in Ireland (or be on secondment or career break from such a position).
Teachers receive a salary paid by the Department of Education and Skills, pensionable under the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. A European salary paid by the European Schools supplements this. Details of remuneration and allowances for teachers are available on the European Schools’ website www.eursc.eu
Each post is a secondment for a term of nine years. Please note that teachers who were previously seconded to the European Schools are eligible to apply provided that they have returned to the national system for a period of three years minimum and that their last evaluation in the European School system was positive.
A working knowledge of a community language other than English or Irish is required. Knowledge of the language of the place of employment is particularly desirable.
Spoken competence in this language will be assessed at interview.
How to apply
Complete the application form below and return to:
Address: Lisa Conway, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 RC96, Ireland
Completed application forms must be received by 5pm on Friday 31st May, 2019 .
Shortlisted secondary applicants will be called for interview the week of 10th June, 2019.
Further information is available from
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +353 (01) 889 2436 or (01) 889 6400
- Address: Lisa Conway, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 RC96, Ireland.