Death Benefits


Benefits which may be payable to spouses of teachers who have died either:

  • In service.
  • Having retired.
  • Out of service.

How to Apply

Please contact the Pension Unit in writing, by telephone or email to inform the Department of Education and Skills of the death of a teacher/retired teacher/teacher no longer in service.

Pension Unit will assess whether or not benefits may be payable.