Welcome to the Pensions Division Webpage
COVID-19 Pension Unit Business Contingency Arrangements
The Department of Education administers pension schemes for:
- Teaching Staff (primary, secondary and community and comprehensive schools) and
- Non Teaching Staff (special needs assistants, certain clerical officers and certain caretakers in primary schools).
The Department also has an advisory and regulatory role in relation to pension schemes in ETBs, Institutes of Technology, Universities, Colleges of education and certain education bodies.
Pension Estimator / Modeller
The Pension Estimator (or Modeller) allows school staff to get an estimate of their potential retirement benefits based on the details entered. The estimator (modeller):
- Estimates pension benefits at retirement age
- Estimates preserved benefits (payable at retirement age) if you resign your post before reaching retirement age
- Eestimates cost Neutral Early Retirement benefits payable before retirement age
- Determines if you have insufficient service to retire on a proposed date
Please select from the options below for information on your pension:
Comments and Suggestions
Use our Comment and Suggestion Form to tell us about the service you have received so far.