Travel Pass


This scheme applies to teachers, special needs assistants, clerical officers, caretakers and child care workers paid on payrolls operated by the Department of Education as paymaster. Details of the scheme are set out in the Circular 0045/2015.

How to Apply

Complete the Travel Pass Scheme Application Form and return it to:

Travel Pass Scheme, Payroll Division, Department of Education, Athlone, County Westmeath, N37 X659

Remember to mark on the envelope:

  1. “Travel Pass Scheme”
  2. Your payroll, i.e. “Primary Payroll”, “Post Primary Payroll” or “Non Teaching Staff Payroll”
  3. Your school roll number

Closing date for applications for the 2020 Travel Pass is Friday 06 November 2020.

This closing date will be strictly adhered to and no exceptions can be made.