Payroll and Financial Services

The Payroll Division provides a payroll service to teaching and non-teaching staff in primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive schools. Retired personnel are also paid through this service.

Payroll Services and Information

POR:Download Primary Post of Responsibility POR1 Form

Choose from the list of services and information topics in the table below.

See also:

Teachers and non-teaching school staff - Please provide your school roll number when contacting the Department to help us direct your enquiry to the correct staff member.

Claiming Illness Benefit

Information note regarding changes to Illness/Injury Benefit

Correspondence through Irish

Teachers Payslips, P60s or correspondence through Irish

Cycle to Work

Applications and Information

Forms and Information

Download payroll related forms and information

Incremental Credit

For Teachers and SNAs Applications and Appeals

Local Property Tax (LPT)

Deductions from salary

On-Line Claim System (OLCS)

Support and guidelines for users

Part-time Teachers

Frequently asked questions and answers

Pension Related Deductions (PRD)

Information for teachers and non teaching staff

Public Service Pension Reduction (PSPR)

Frequently asked questions and answers

Public Service Single Pension Scheme

For new entrants after 01 January 2013

Qualification Allowances

Not accepting any further applications

Refund of Fees

Applications and Information on course / examination fee refunds

Travel Pass

Applications and Information

Salary Scales/Calculation of Salary

Information for Teachers, SNAs, Caretakers, Clerical Officers and non-teaching staff in ETBs

Service History / Salary Statements / P60 / P45

Order statements or find out about P60s, P45s

Statutory Deductions

PAYE, Pension Related Deduction (PRD), USC, PRSI and Pension Contributions

Supervision / Substitution

Information for schools and school staff


Income tax frequently asked questions and answers

Teacher Statistics

Breakdown of Teacher Statistics by year, sector and gender

Voluntary Deductions

Reference guide for Teachers, SNAs, Clerical Officers, Caretakers and Retired Teachers


Payment of Travel Expenses to GAM/EAL (Learning / Language Support) and Resource Teachers in Recognised Primary Schools.

Claims must be submitted promptly at the end of each academic term: Christmas term, Easter term and Summer Term.

Download Circular 0009/2015

Download Application Form 

Download Circular 05/2017 Motor Travel Rates

Download Release Time Post Travel Expense Claim Form

 Useful links


Related Links: