Circular 0054/2019 titled ”Leave Schemes for Registered Teachers employed in Recognised Primary and Post Primary Schools” contains 11 Leave Schemes for registered teachers employed in recognised primary and post primary schools as follows:
- Chapter 1: Sick Leave Scheme
- Chapter 2: Maternity Leave Scheme
- Chapter 3: Adoptive Leave Scheme
- Chapter 4: Paternity Leave Scheme
- Chapter 5: Parental Leave Scheme
- Chapter 6: Carer’s Leave Scheme
- Chapter 7: Career Break Scheme
- Chapter 8: Job Sharing Scheme
- Chapter 9: Temporary Re-Assignment Scheme for Primary Teachers
- Chapter 10: Statutory Annual Leave/Public Holidays
- Chapter 11: Unpaid Leave
This Circular replaces Chapters Two to Eleven of Edition 2 of the “Terms and Conditions of Employment for Registered Teachers in Recognised Primary and Post Primary Schools” and replaces all previous circulars, memoranda, rules and regulations in relation to these leave types.
Teachers and Special Needs Assistants (SNAs)
The role of the Teacher/SNA Terms and Conditions Section of the Department is to regulate the employment terms and conditions governing teachers and SNAs employed in recognised primary and post primary schools.
Choose from the items in the table below for information on the relevant Breaks/Leave: