Who we are
The International Section manages the Department’s engagement with international partners, including the European Union, Council of Europe, OECD and UNESCO, to enhance international policy co-operation in education and training. It also has responsibility for policy development and co-ordination in the promotion of Ireland as a centre for international education.
What we do
- Develop policy and co-ordinate the promotion of Ireland as a centre of excellence for international students, including developing links with key partner countries
- Promote the European dimension in education and contribute to the improvement of the quality of education by promoting participation in EU funded education programmes
- Monitor the implementation of EU funding programmes by the national agencies involved
- Ensure the exchange of information on the education systems of the EU and other countries through study visits and foreign delegation visits to Ireland and programmes such as Eurydice
- Manage a number of exchanges and scholarships available to Irish and international students
- Co-ordinate Ireland’s national approach to UNESCO
- Administer the secondment arrangements for Irish teachers to work in European schools
- Ensure effective co-ordination with international education activities in the OECD and Council of Europe.
Address: Department of Education and Skills, International Services, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1.
Phone: (01) 889 2414
The EU and Education
Asia Europe Foundation