Who we are
The Payroll Division provides a payroll service to teaching and non-teaching staff in primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive schools. Retired personnel are also paid through this service.
What we do
- Co-ordination and administration of a range of payroll services to:
- Primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive school teachers
- Special needs assistants in primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive schools
- Clerical officers under the 1978 scheme in primary and voluntary secondary schools
- Caretakers employed under the 1978 scheme in primary schools
- Childcare workers in primary schools
- Retired primary, voluntary secondary and community and comprehensive school teachers, including spouses and children of deceased staff
- Retired special needs assistants, caretakers and clerical officers employed under the 1978 scheme and childcare workers including spouses and children of deceased staff
- Management of statutory and non-statutory deductions
- Projection of financial estimates for the funding of the approved allocations for serving and retired staff members paid on the Department’s payroll and monitoring expenditure on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting the delivery of payroll services by quality planning and policy formulation.
Primary Teachers - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Primary Teachers -email@example.com
Non Teaching Staff -NTSPayroll@education.gov.ie
Retired Personnel – firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Education and Skills,
Payroll Division, Cornamaddy,
Athlone, County Westmeath.
Primary Teachers: (090) 648 3600
Post Primary Teachers: (090) 648 4161
Non Teaching Staff: (090) 648 4136
Retired Personnel: (090) 648 3995