- Circular 0020/2014 - Revised Arrangements for the Implementation of the Junior Cycle Student Award Academic year 2014/15
New Junior Certificate English Specification for students starting Junior Cycle in 2014 - View online at www.curriculumonline.ie or PDF version
- Circular 0056/2013 - Computer Studies Certificates - Revised arrangements 2013/2014
- Circular 0055/2013 - Transition Year Certificates - Revised arrangements 2013/2014
- Circular 0050/2013 - Changes to the Legend and Symbols on the 1:50,000 Discovery Series Ordnance Survey (OS) Maps used for Teaching, Learning and in Examinations
- Circular 0041/2013 - Junior and Leaving Certificate Mathematics syllabus for examination in 2015 and subsequent years
- Junior Cycle information evenings - NPC and Department of Education and Skills
- Circular 0012/2013 - Prescribed Material for the Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Examinations in 2015 published March 2013
- Circular 0011/2013 - Prescribed Material for English in the Leaving Certificate Examination in 2015 published March 2013
- Circular 0027/2012 - Revised syllabuses in Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate Mathematics for Leaving Certificate examination in 2014 and Junior Certificate examination in 2015 published 23 August, 2012
The curriculum for Ireland's primary and post-primary schools is determined by the Minister for Education and Skills who is advised by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA). The curriculum sets out, not only what is to be taught, but how learning in the particular subject area is to be assessed.
The NCCA leads developments in curriculum and assessment and supports the implementation of changes resulting from this work.
The Department supports the development of overall policy relating to assessment, curricula and guidance by:
- Providing syllabuses, guidelines for teachers, circulars to schools and prescribed material for the examinations.
- Providing financial and other supports to bodies such as:
- State Examinations Commission (SEC)
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA)
- National Council for Guidance in Education (NCGE)
- An Chomhairle um Oideachais Gaeltachta agus Gaelscolaíochta (COGG)
- Post Primary Languages Initiative (PPLI)
- Providing funding for standardised testing.
Curriculum and Syllabus Information: