Teachers in European Schools
Would you like to teach in a European School?
The Department of Education and Skills invites applications from suitably qualified teachers who are fully registered with the TeachingCouncil, for secondment to the following primary and secondary posts, commencing 1 September, 2015.
Primary cycle (age 6-10 years)
|Brussels I, Belgium||Two posts|
|Luxembourg I, Luxembourg ||One post|
|Munich, Germany||One post|
Candidates for primary posts must have:
- A recognised teaching qualification
- At least three years’ satisfactory service as a teacher subsequent to the completion of probation
- Must be serving as a teacher in a recognised school in Ireland (or be on secondment or career break from such a position).
Secondary cycle (age 11 – 18)
|Brussels II, Belgium ||English & EFL|
|Brussels III, Belgium ||English & EFL|
|Brussels IV, Belgium ||English, EFL & Irish|
|Luxembourg II, Luxembourg||History|
|Mol, Belgium||Irish & History|
|Munich, Germany||English (EFL) with Irish|
|Varese, Italy||Geography and Human Sciences|
Candidates for secondary posts must:
- Have a recognised primary degree in the relevant subject discipline(s)
- Have a recognised teaching qualification
- Have at least three years’ satisfactory service as a mainstream class teacher subsequent to full registration with the Teaching Council
- Be serving as a teacher in a recognised school in Ireland (or be on secondment or career break from such a position).
All applicants are directed to the terms of Circular 0009/2007. Teachers receive a salary paid by the Department of Education and Skills, pensionable under the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. A European salary paid by the European Schools supplements this. Details of remuneration and allowances for teachers are available on the European Schools’ website the European Schools’.
Each post is a secondment for a maximum term of nine years. A working knowledge of a community language other than English or Irish is required. Knowledge of the language of the place of employment is particularly desirable.
Spoken competence in this language will be tested at interview.
How to apply
Complete the relevant application form below and return to:
Address: Eileen McGuire, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
- European Schools – Primary Level Secondment Application Form download PDF version or Word version
- European Schools – Second Level Secondment Application Form download PDF version or Word version
- Secondments of Teachers to the European Schools Information for Applicants: School Year 2015-16 download PDF version
Completed application forms must be received by 5pm on Friday 13 February 2015.
Shortlisted primary applicants will be called for interview on 18 or 19 March, 2015.
Shortlisted secondary applicants will be called for interview on 24, 25 or 26 March, 2015.
Further information is available from
European Schools Websitehttp://www.eursc.org/
Phone: 00353 1 889 2395 or 889 6400
Address: Eileen McGuire, International Section, Department of Education and Skills, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, Ireland.